Thursday, February 14, 2008

What I was Doing When I Should Have Been Doing Just About Anything Else


Yesterday my youngest son (who is too young to have a girlfriend) came to me and said he was pretty sure he needed a present for Shelley on Valentine's Day. Since it was last minute and I didn't feel like going to the store, I suggested he could make her something or I could make her something. Strangely enough he thought it would be nice if I made her something and since I really was looking for something to help me procrastinate, I jumped at the task and whipped up the cutest little heart purse. With black velvet piping because she really likes the Georgia Bulldogs and could it be red and black.

When I showed it to him he got a funny look on his face and had a little melt down with incoherent rantings and a few tears. I figured out that he didn't know if he liked it or if she would like it. That is when my oldest walked in the door from school and I asked him if he thought I was good at picking out presents for girls.

He said "Eric, when you need a present for a girl, you go to Mom. You and I don't know what is good about it, but trust me she knows". So Eric lightened up, came out from underneath the kitchen table, we wrapped it and all is well in Valentine world. Eric has a cute little stuffed puppy from said 3rd grade friend and she has a handmade denim and velvet purse with velvet buttons and cherry lining.

No comments: