Sunday, February 3, 2008

Hunky Husband Makes Way for More Felting


Well, I've been using my toploading washing machine to felt my wool sweaters for about a year now, and you can imagine my distress when one day the water started backing up into the utility room instead of draining out as it normally does. We checked out the washer and it seemed to be OK , we ran a snake through the lines and there didn't seem to be any blockage near the house, so finally we called the plumber. His diagnosis was roots had grown into the drainage pipes due to the drought.

Alex volunteered to do the digging so he started at the house and followed the pipe out to the end. When he finally reached the end, he pulled out a HUGE plug of matted wool and a few tree roots.

I have now found a nice laundromat not too far from home where I will be doing all my felting in the future. One more lesson learned.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Where's the big gross wad of wool -we all want to see a photo of it! (Cute husband by the way.) One of my friends was going to felt in her machine and I warned her not to but I bet she didn't believe me - I'm sending her a link to your blog.

Marybateman said...

Hey, wait a second, people are looking at your husband! Don't tell Alex, he'll never dig up a pipe again!