Monday, June 2, 2008

Still Shaking the Sand Out




Wow, what a fabulous weekend. We had such a great time camping, I wouldn't have changed a thing. Except for maybe being able to stay another day.

The weather was gorgeous, the mosquitoes were non-existent, the company was outstanding and the beer stayed cold. What more could you ask for? Eric said he had the best hot dog roasted on a stick he had ever had in his life. I think it was the first hot dog roasted on a stick he had ever had, but never mind.

This would have been my third time camping on the Island, but it took my breath away none the less when we stepped off the ferry. The pictures just don't even do it justice. Which by the way I've just posted a few here, but you can see the whole set by just clicking on the flickr flash on the side bar.

So you think camping with 10 adults and 10 kids might be a nightmare? Not with these 10 kids! You can take them anywhere. Even the youngest hiked with only a short time on Mom and Dad's shoulders. I was very impressed. And watching 10 kids have a great time at the beach and around a campfire is good for the soul.

Well, time for laundry and back to real life. More stories later.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Jealous.

I want to go. Now.

Lyn said...

Isn't Jiffy Pop always a disaster?! Looks like an amazing trip!