Friday, June 27, 2008

Look Up


Look up past the proof of Alex's popcorn addiction and never mind the fact that I have a box of wine in my pantry, see that growing pickle collection? For the first time in a long time I can eat pickles whenever I want. I can have one alongside my sandwich. Or for a little snack. I can slice them up in tuna salad, I can feed one to the cat if I want.

We have lifted pickle rationing! Our friend Neil can come over for burgers and not risk getting his hand slapped for taking too many pickles. (Amy likes to remind me of this. Well, I didn't really have to slap his hand because he asked before hand how many he could have.)Maybe I'll send Neil a jar of pickles because I can!

OK, I'll stop gloating. I'll stop gloating and start digging that root cellar.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Pickles in tuna salad! Another wonderful sandwich I'd forgotten!

Good luck with that root cellar.