Thursday, November 20, 2008

I Melted a Lego This Week

Legos melt very nicely in case you were wondering, but you might not want to try it because I'm sure the fumes are very toxic.
Its been a little cold around here lately, so Eric and I decided to light a nice cozy fire the other day. We forgot he had the Lego ship perched on top of the wood burning stove. It's actually not a Lego, but a "Tente", the Spanish version of Lego. The one that Alex bought for Eric several years ago and was a replica of some famous ship that they lovingly put together and strung all the sails and left in the living room for display.
I suppose it was a classic case of not seeing what is right in front of you, because we lit the fire and even fiddled with it a few times and didn't notice the ship starting to sort of sink down on itself until we noticed the smell.
I walked past the stove and saw the ship, melting and still stuck to the stove, but dangling down in front. We had to scrape it off with a spatula, it was very distressing. And the smell of melting Lego/Tente was awful, it took forever to go away.
No pictures because my camera is still in Atlanta with Poncho Mary.
From now on, we're going to stick with pottery for display, less fumes.

1 comment:

Kim said...

That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time!

Tears.