Thursday, August 14, 2008

Officially A College Student


I moved Jordi into his dorm today. Well, with a little help from my brother in Athens I moved him into his dorm. It wasn't so bad, he really didn't have that much stuff.

I warned him in advance that I would cry and he just shrugged, so when the tears popped into my eyes neither of us was that surprised. I felt a little strange and sad just leaving and wished that Alex could have been there to distract me a little.

On the way home, I called my Mom for a little girl talk and she asked, "did he look so small and young when you left?"

yes, he did.

I guess now is the time to grow up.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'm glad you are going through this before me. You should write a blog - How to be a college Mom - so the rest of us will be ready.

Marybateman said...

Okay, now I'M crying!!! We'll all miss him, booo hoooo hoooo