Saturday, August 16, 2008

Definitely Not the Ritz, but


now we have a guest room!

The best therapy for me this week has been to clean Jordi's room. I know, he should clean his room, but well, he didn't clean his room. He liked it dirty. Whenever someone came over, we would say, "Jordi is in his cave."

Little did I know how true that was until I got in there with a vacuum cleaner. I almost took a picture of what the carpet looked like under the bed, but then I decided that would be too embarrassing even for me, so you will just have to imagine what layers of cat hair and dust looks like combined with dirty socks, empty kleenex boxes and many ,many orthodontist rubber bands.

OK, I grossed you out anyways.

He's moved on to his spiffy new dorm room and we were left with the old junky room, so it just felt so good to clean out the dust and debris of middle school and high school and start fresh again.

Oh, and since he probably won't want to come home anyways, now we have a bed for guests to sleep in. I'm even going to spring for a headboard and new dust ruffle (the animal 1 2 3 abc one is now proudly residing a t Goodwill) so make your reservations now!

1 comment:

Kim said...

But only if I can sleep under the skull and crossbones flag.