Thursday, August 28, 2008

I Have a Rule About Buttons


My rule is that when I find the perfect button to complete a project, I have to use that button. I can't save it or hoard it just because I love the button.

I was searching for the perfect button to complete my polar bear purse and I reached into my recently acquired bag of beautiful vintage buttons from the estate of Marilyn Jahn, a dear family friend.

I almost broke my rule, because I am not ready to part with this button. It is magnificent. Very large (hard to find for purses without paying a fortune), and in perfect condition, but just the perfect shade of green with gorgeous carving details on the edge.
I had to go for it, Marilyn would want me to.
So, good bye fabulous green button that I have only had in my stash since June, and have only been able to admire and dream about your possibilities for 2 months. You and polar bears are a perfect match, I hope you go to a good home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right, Marilyn would have told you to use the button. The purse is beautiful.

WilleWorks.com said...

Beautiful purse and button!

Kim said...

OK, ditto...Marianne already wrote the exact comment I was going to leave. Great bag!

Marybateman said...

I think Marilyn loves to hang with the polar bears, I know I would. I wish I was rich, I would have the best felted vintage handbags this side of Texas!