Saturday, January 24, 2009

More Inaugural Fashions

This week in my sewing class at Beehive the girls and I felt like celebrating the inauguration of our new president. How better to do that than to create our own inaugural fashions for our favorite model, Barbie.

I chose to go practical and designed a red skirt and stole from what else but recycled sweater pieces. I thought it looked great, but the girls weren't too impressed. (The 10 -13 year old crowd is a REALLY tough crowd in case you didn't already know.)

Elizabeth designed a strapless mermaid gown from ecru linen with a navy and cream tulle gathered skirt. Great combination of elements!

Maya chose red silk charmeuse, also strapless with a gold belt. Notice the hand hemming on the dress, very nice. They each had a purse that somehow didn't make it from sewing class to the photography session, the purses were put together with scotch tape, ahem, I think they have been watching too much Project Runway. Which should be starting again soon, I hope.
We have a great time in sewing class, especially during a week when we feel like celebrating!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Elizabeth has real talent!