Monday, April 28, 2008

No Peppermint Left Behind


Last week was CRCT testing for kids in Georgia, and there is so much pressure on kids AND teachers for the students to do well they try all kinds of things to motivate and inspire them. My son's teacher sent a note home saying she likes to give the kids a peppermint to suck on when they start the tests because it helps relax them and get them focused and in a good frame of mind. I thought this was a great idea, so I sent in a huge bag of peppermints for the week.

When Eric came home after the first day of testing looking a little frazzled, I asked how was the test and did the peppermint trick work. Well, he said, it worked fine until he swallowed the peppermint almost whole and had to take the synonym section with a peppermint lodged in his throat and boy did it hurt. And now he thinks he will be going to summer school because he probably failed the test. I laughed, because of the irony, but he didn't think it was funny. So now we have a bet that he will not be going to summer school. I know I will win, and I'm looking forward to having my sewing room floor swept for a week!

When is the presidential election? I'm looking forward to a change in policy.

1 comment:

Marybateman said...

Only Eric would suffer through a test with a peppermint stuck in his throat. Most kids would have complained and whined and try to get out of it. But not our Eric!