Friday, October 10, 2008

Ordinary Citizen Sacrifices Button for Good Cause

My Mom and her friends (the Bodacious Babes)are having a fundraising event this weekend. The "Barrack a Rama" is a chicken show, bake sale and silent auction. Laugh if you will, but 4 years ago they raised over $8000 for the Kerry campaign by putting on this same kind of event. People will come out to look at chickens! Who knew?


She commissioned a purse from me for the silent auction. So I came up with an "It's Black and White We Need Change in Washington" purse. Complete with a change purse and an interchangeable button. When I was trying to decide on the button, I knew I had to use the red button from the market in Spain. It's the last of my vintage buttons from Spain (I know, I know, it's time to go back and get more. Can you write off a whole European trip with the family under "button shopping"? Going to check on that.)but if a button is perfect I have to use it. It just really perked up the purse.
It's obvious I'll do anything to get a Democrat elected.

1 comment:

WilleWorks.com said...

Yes, I think you need another trip to Spain. :)