Sunday, October 26, 2008

I've Got Another Little Felting Problem


I really want to felt the sweater you see in the picture above.
My friend Mary gave it to me because it is too thick to use in a poncho or any of her other creative endeavors, but it is perfect for me. I can tell the wool will felt up really nicely, it's going to be the perfect weight for a purse, I love the colors, I couldn't ask for any more potential.
But you see, I've clogged up my washing machine drain again by felting too many mohair sweaters this summer. Each time I said, just this one little batch of sweaters, it can't hurt. Then I got bolder and felted lambswool and even some angora blends because it seemed to be doing OK, until last week when the washer stopped draining properly.
I thought it might be a good idea to try and fix it before Alex found out, since I promised him the last time he dug out the line that I would never felt in the washer again! Alas, he did some laundry and noticed. I guess I better get the shovel out myself.
Felting is an addiction. You do it regardless of the consequences. Do they 12 steps for felters? They should.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Once a felter, always a felter apparently.

Aren't you going to mention here how famous your bags are becoming? Should I provide a link to the latest design blog mention?

Everybody! Karen is being modest!