Friday, September 5, 2008

It Took Me Awhile to Notice


Do you have a habit of saving shopping bags from your favorite stores?
Last time I went to New York, I scored two cool bags. One from Mood, and the other from M&J Trim. I love carrying around my Mood bag full of fabrics because someone will inevitably ask me "have you been to Mood, like Mood, from Project Runway?"

I started using my M &J Trim bag to pass projects back and forth to my friend Mary who has been helping me with some occasional handwork. I put the supplies in the bag, Alex takes it to work on his motorcycle, gives it to Geoff (Mary's husband) who takes it to Mary. When she is finished, we repeat the process in reverse. Well ,the little M&J trim bag was doing a lot of travelling so I gave it a rest until a week ago when I put some handwork in it to take to the boat.

We were sitting in the cockpit relaxing and I pulled out my handwork to get started when I realized there was something funny about the bag. It took me awhile to notice that Mary had done a little altering on the bag.

M & J Trim, had turned into M & K Trim.

Very funny!

3 comments:

Marybateman said...

I miss those days! That goes to show you that you don't take enough time to smell the roses, or should I say...read the bag!

Kim said...

That is so cool - I'll get you a backup when I'm in the city on Friday. Want one from Mood too? I was planning to stop there anyway.

Weaveron Textile said...

so cool....